Lebanon President Michel Suleiman denied on Monday receiving a warning from Israel that it would destroy Lebanon in case of a Hezbollah attack on the Jewish state.
The denial came after an Israeli website reported that Tel Aviv has sent a warning to Lebanon through the U.S. administration that it would “take Lebanon 50 years backwards” if Hezbollah attacked Israel.
Suleiman’s press office said that the president hasn’t received such a warning “although Israeli threats and violations of Lebanese airspace never stop.”
“No party informed the president about such a threat,” it said in a statement.
Earlier this month, Suleiman urged the international community to pressure Israel to stop violating Lebanese airspace, saying its activities were in contravention of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701.