The residents of Arsal on Friday accused Hezbollah of carrying out the rocket attack that targeted their eastern Beqaa town earlier in the day and resulted in killing nine civilians, seven of them children and injuring 14 others.
“Hezbollah has finally done it and we were not surprised by this because this is Hezbollah’sreality,” Arsal locals said in a statement issued on Friday.
They continued: “We are against killing civilians, we are against the acts of the Syrian regime and we are against Hezbollah and their methods of killing innocent civilians.”
The residents of the Beqaa town vowed that they will defend their “blood, dignity, children and families.”
Arsal’s deputy mayor, Ahmad Fleeti, told NOW that he received information the mortars were fired from outside the northern Beqaa town of Al-Qaa near a Hezbollah position.