Share:

Paolo Serra, UNIFIL commanderMaj.-Gen. Paolo Serra the commander of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon ( UNIFIL) said on Thursday in response to Hezbollah claim that it was behind last week’s bombing that wounded four Israeli soldiers: Investigations are ongoing regarding al-Labbouneh incident. What happened is dangerous and should not occur again.

This comes after Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah claimed during an interview with Lebanese television station Al-Mayadeen that two remote-control bombs detonated inside Lebanon when the Israeli force crossed the border. He said Hezbollah members knew in advance the Israelis were coming and planted the bombs to target them.

“The feet that will enter our land and we know about it will be cut. … This is our right,” Nasrallah said. “We will not forgive any ground violation of our land.”

According to UN observers Hezbollah’s action is in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701, which was intended to end the hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah. Hezbollah representatives in the Lebanese cabinet voted for the resolution on August 11, 2006.

Share:
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.