Share:

More than 150 U.N. workers remained missing in Port-au-Prince Wednesday, including as many as 100 trapped in the rubble of their headquarters, with the mission’s head feared dead.

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said that efforts by satellite phone to reach Hedi Annabi, his special representative in Haiti, had so far failed. Mr. Annabi was meeting with a high-level Chinese police delegation at U.N. headquarters in the Christopher Hotel in the capital when the earthquake struck late Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Ban said.

France’s foreign minister, Bernard Kouchner, told French radio that Mr. Annabi was killed along with many of the staffers at the hotel, the Associated Press reported. WSJ

Share:
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.